Users can use Google authentication method to replace SMS authentication. Access to all features on Pexpay will not be affected after disabling SMS authentication.
In order to skip SMS authentication during login or verification, you must have enabled Google authentication and disabled SMS authentication in your profile page.
If you need to learn more about Google Authenticator, refer to this guide:
How to Enable Google Authentication (2FA)
- Log into your Pexpay account and click [Profile], then click [Security].
- Click [On] next to Google Authentication.
- You will be redirected to another page. Follow the step-by-step instructions to enable Google Authenticator.
3.1. Download and install the Google Authenticator App on your mobile device. After you have installed the App, click [Next] to continue.
3.2. You will now see a QR code on your screen.
Open the Google Authenticator App and tap on the [+] button on the bottom right of your screen to scan the QR code. Then click [Next].
If you are unable to scan it, you can manually enter the setup key.
3.3. Save the backup key on paper. This key will allow you to recover your Google Authenticator when needed.
3.4. Verify your Google Authenticator with email code and Google Authenticator.
3.5. You have successfully enabled Google Authenticator to protect your account.
How to Disable SMS Authentication
- Go to [Profile], select [Security], then click [Disable] for SMS Authentication.
- Enter SMS, email and Google Authenticator to verify your action.
- You have successfully disabled your SMS authentication.
After removing SMS authentication, you can use Google Authenticator and email code to access all features on Pexpay, including the Spot, P2P Trading and Withdrawal.
Pexpay takes compliance obligations seriously and strictly complies with the relevant requirements of local regulatory bodies. Please ascertain whether you are permitted to the service based on the legal requirements in your country of residence.